Founded in 1817 as the Bank of Montreal (BMO Financial Group)
New Premiums Written: 379
Net Income: 424 Million
Products & Services: Traditional life Insurance, Critical Illness, Term Life, Universal Life, Whole Life Insurance etc.
Financial Strength/ Credit Rating (According to AM Best): A for Excellent
In 2009 BMO bought AIG Life Insurance.
Canadian Life Insurance Companies
- Bingham Group Services Corp. (BGS)
- Blue Cross Canada
- BMO Life Assurance Company (formerly AIG Life Insurance)
- Canada Life
- CPP (Canada Protection Plan)
- Empire Life
- Equitable Life of Canada
- Great West Life
- Industrial Alliance
- La Capitale
- Reliable Life Insurance Canada
- SSQ Financial Group
- Standard Life Assurance Company
- Sunlife Insurance
- Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Co.