Founded in 1900
Assets Under Management: More than 175 Billion
Benefits Paid to Insured: 2.4 Billion
Investments: $16.5 Billion
Products & Services: Life Insurance, Accidental, Critical Illness, Health Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, Credit Card Insurance, Mortgages, Loans and Lines of Credit, Term Life Insurance etc.
Financial Strength/ Credit Rating (According to AM Best): Not Rated
Desjardins contributes 3.3 Million to the community. They rank the 5th for life and health insurance in Canada and they are the 1st in Quebec in terms of written premiums.
Canadian Life Insurance Companies
- Bingham Group Services Corp. (BGS)
- Blue Cross Canada
- BMO Life Assurance Company (formerly AIG Life Insurance)
- Canada Life
- CPP (Canada Protection Plan)
- Empire Life
- Equitable Life of Canada
- Great West Life
- Industrial Alliance
- La Capitale
- Reliable Life Insurance Canada
- SSQ Financial Group
- Standard Life Assurance Company
- Sunlife Insurance
- Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Co.